Planning & Zoning
The planning department is given the task of administrating the zoning and subdivision ordinances for the Town. Zoning permits, sign permits, subdivisions, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping, site plans and text amendments are some the everyday items that the department is charged with handling.
The planning department is currently involved with large scale projects such as the GIS mapping of the Town's Assets, updating ordinances and implementing a proactive code enforcement program.
Requests to Planning Board
If your request or project needs to go before the planning board for a recommendation to the Town Council our department will help guide you through the process to make sure you and the town get everything done as quickly and fairly as possible.
Questions & Comments
If you have any questions or input on any of these topics please contact Patti Arnold at 910-328-4131.
Questions specific to GIS mapping can be sent via email to our GIS Technician Mike Dickson.
For general inquiries or to schedule an appointment contact Patricia Arnold, our administrative assistant at 910-328-4131 or by email.
Planning & Zoning Documents
- Comprehensive Transportation Plan (PDF)
- Draft Subdivision Ordinance (PDF)
- Flood Hazard Informational Borchure (PDF)
- Future Land Classification Map (PDF)
- Information Regarding the Mandatory Purchase of Flood Insurance (PDF)
- Land Use Plan (PDF)
- Purchasing Coastal Property in North Carolina Brochure (PDF)
- Salt Tolerant Plants (PDF)
- Sidewalk Infrastructure Expansion (PDF)
- Street Regulations (PDF)