When is trash & recycle pickup?
Monday - Island Pickup - South of Roland Avenue
Tuesday - Island Pickup - North of Roland Avenue
Wednesday - Mainland Pickup
*Friday - TRASH ONLY from May 1st - September 30th
How can I make a utility payment?
To set up an account for e-billing, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
*When buying or selling property, always set up new account information with the Utility Specialist
- Your account name
- Account Number
- Account PIN
- Service Address
- Drop Box Payments:
For payments made after hours, there is a night deposit box located at Town Hall
201 Community Center Drive, Surf City, NC 28445
My utility payment seems too high, can any adjustments be made to my bill?
Pursuant to Section 18-31. Complaints; adjustments:
(b) The town will make special meter readings at the request of the owner / customer for a fee for each meter; provided, that if such special reading discloses that the meter was over-read, no charge will be made.
What should I do during a Boil Water Advisory?
Is there anything I should NOT throw into my trash can?
Household trash must be bagged and inside the green garbage carts. Please do not overfill your container, the lid should be able to close. Bagged trash outside the cart will not be picked up.
The following items will NOT be collected with Trash Pickup:
- Construction or demolition debris
- Yard debris
- Liquids or sharp items
- Dirt, rocks, or concrete
- Hot ashes
- Wet paint (paint cans must be dried out completely)
- Hazardous materials, chemical, or pesticides
Bulk Items and Yard Debris are collected four times per year on designated dates. These items will NOT be picked up outside of these dates.
What can I recycle?
The following items are accepted recycling:
- Plastic - If you see the recycling symbol with a #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 in the center, it is acceptable.
- Metal – tin, aluminum, steel
- Cardboard – corrugated cardboard, cereal and dry food boxes, tissue boxes, cartons, etc.
- Paper – newspapers, inserts, labels, magazines, envelopes, etc.
- Glass – jars, bottles, drinking glasses, etc.
Please place your recyclable straight into the cart. Please do NOT put your recycling in plastic bags.